Webinar: “A Day In the Life of A Test Manager: A Case Study & Research Report”
Speaker: Mike Lyles, Lowe’s Companies, Inc.
RECORDED FOR ON-DEMAND VIEWING. SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW AND DOWNLOAD SLIDES.
Test Managers: the world is full of them. But do we really know what they do? Does your organization agree on the core roles, challenges that test organizations face, and responsibilities of the team? The answer is probably “No”. If so, then this webinar is for you!
Join Mike Lyles to review the research he conducted on test management as he examines:
- Notes from interviews with experts / leaders in testing on the following topics:
- The Test Manager’s Role
- Most Significant Challenges
- People Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Summary of discussions from blogs, LinkedIn groups, and Twitter
- Results of a survey taken by 275+ test professionals on test management and leadership
- Test Manager responsibilities: textbook vs. real-life
- Areas where testing organizations are not always aligned
- Soft Skills and mentoring skills that every test leader should possess to be effective
- Suggestions to maintain relevance in a constantly evolving testing world
NOTE: Wait! There’s more! If you attend TesTrek 2013 in Toronto, Canada from October 28-30, 2013, you can join Mike’s half-day tutorial entitled “Are you Smarter than a Test Manager” where he will cover these research notes, and moderate a workshop focused on building awareness around the differences common in every organization, and enable attendees to speak effectively on the hot topics of misalignment plaguing organizations.
About the Speaker:
Mike Lyles is a Sr. QA Manager with Lowe’s Companies, Inc. Mike has over 20 years of IT experience, working in various roles over the years – from technical support to programmer, to Program Management Office, to Solutions Development Manager, to Testing/QA. His current role includes Test Management responsibilities for a major company domain covering Store Systems, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Marketing, and Middleware.